Ready to create a Christmas tree felt storyboard for your children? This simple how-to will make crafting any felt storyboard you want easy and is perfect for toddlers or preschoolers.
Create your Christmas felt base
In this instance, I created a large felt Christmas tree. I used this sheet of dark green felt that is 37×20 inches. You could definitely keep the felt a large rectangle, as well! Just trim the felt to your desired shape and size. Make sure you use a nice, soft, felt to allow the final shapes to easily stick to the felt storyboard.
Print and trace your shapes
Ready to create your own felt Christmas tree shapes for your storyboard? Print out simple shapes, like the I ones I used. You can get a copy in my Free Resource Library!
Place the wax paper on top of the shapes and use a permanent marker to trace the shape onto the wax paper.
Cut your shapes down
Trim your wax paper shapes down to a smaller size, then iron them on to the felt, marker side up. This slightly melts the wax onto the felt, and allows you to cut out the shape without drawing on the felt or cutting the shape out twice. Once you have cut out your shape you can gently peel off the wax paper.
Trim your felt shape and enjoy!
Cut everything out, peel off the wax paper, and enjoy playing with your adorable new creations. This is the easiest way I have found to create felt storyboards and it’s so much fun to craft and learn alongside your children.
GET THE FREE PRINTABLES
When you join the Free Resource Library
How to Easily Create a Felt Storyboard
- 1 Pair of good scissors Having the right scissors will avoid a lot of frustration!
- Assorted felt
- 1 Iron
- Wax paper
- Images and shapes printed out
- 1 Permanent marker
- Print out your images – the more simple and basic the shapes are, the better!
- Trace each shape onto wax paper with your permanent marker.
- Iron the wax paper onto your felt, ensuring the side with the permanent marker is facing up.
- Once the wax paper is slightly melted onto the felt, allow the felt and wax paper to cool.
- Keeping the wax paper and felt together, cut out your shape.
- Once your shape is cut out of the felt, gently peel off the wax paper.
- Ta-da! You should have a perfect felt storyboard shape with very little effort.