Smoothie recipe for kids AND adults
I’m so excited to share this super simple, super yummy, smoothie recipe for kids and adults with you! Want to feel amazing with little effort? Not going to lie, that’s the dream, right? It may seem silly, but this simple smoothie recipe for kids has helped boost my energy levels and makes sure I’m getting all the nutrients that I struggle to get during the busy days with my kids. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve made it to bedtime and realized I just snacked off my child’s plate all day. You too? This simple smoothie recipe will change all that.
The even better news? Our kids LOVE this smoothie. And it’s great because there’s no added sugar. Our kids have plenty of sugar and processed foods (that’s just the way it is!) so I love that I can use this smoothie to get some good vitamins in their growing bodies.
The recipe is simple AND easily adjustable! I buy bags of organic frozen fruit (whatever they have or whatever is on sale) and just throw a cup of them in (in place of the frozen bananas and frozen strawberries.) I haven’t met a bad version of this recipe yet!
Delicious Smoothie Recipe for Children and Adults
- 1 handful frozen spinach Whenever I buy a bag of spinach and don't use it all, I throw the extra in the freezer a day or two before it goes bad
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries I use any organic frozen fruit for the strawberries and blueberries
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt or any yogurt we have! Go gurt? Why not!
- 1/2 cup whole grain oats A packet of oatmeal works well here too, even flavored oatmeals! Apple and cinnamon is yummm
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 cups whole milk or your favorite type of milk
We make some version of this smoothie (frozen spinach or kale + frozen fruit + milk + oats + chia and flax seeds) every day around morning snack time. It’s usually when I’m getting hungry, my coffee has been reheated approximately 3-10 times, and I need a little something to get me to naptime. It’s also an amazing activity for toddlers – they love throwing fruit in the blender, getting mason jars out, and then enjoying the fruits of their labors (pun intended)! Ha!
Our favorite smoothie accessories
Our favorite kitchen accessories.
Kid and mom-tested, and approved!