When someone you love is hurting, it can be so hard to know what to do. Here are a few things I have found to be beneficial in times of pain.
First, don’t plan on seeing them. Often, they are so busy that they don’t have much alone time, so time they do have should be for them to rest. Plan on dropping something off and not expecting to stay for more than 5 minutes.
Second, I like to leave a cooler on their porch with some snacks and paper goods in a bag on top with a card. Then I just text them and let them know the items are on the porch. Here are some great ideas of items you can deliver. You can also find the items below online and have them delivered to your friend’s house.
- Small packets of tissues
- Paper plates
- Plastic cutlery
- Paper towels
- Ziploc bags
- Garbage Bags
- Paper bowls
- Toilet paper
- Mini bottles of hand sanitizer
- Snacks (Trader Joe’s is also great for this… just stuff they can grab and go or set out for unexpected guests)
- Gatorade or tea
- Breakfast (frozen, easy to make, etc)
- Meals for later in the month (pantry meals or frozen meals)
- A diffuser and a special oil blend for them to use during this time.
- Buy a plant in honor of the person who passed on the 1 month anniversary (The Sill)
I hope this helps you support someone you love. I would love to hear what you would add to this list. Please let me know by emailing me at AppleSlices4th@gmail.com