1st Semester | Middle School Vocabulary Words & Word Work | Eighteen Weeks
Are you looking for vocabulary words for the 1st semester in your middle school classroom? Then this resource is perfect for you! Check out my FREE SAMPLE for one week of middle school vocab, ready to print and use immediately.
Included in the unit is six new vocabulary words every week. As you work your way through weeks 1 through 18, you will begin to notice a pattern! The words on these lists are all synonyms. In the first quarter, Word 1 will always be a synonym for good. Word 2 will always be a synonym for bad. In the second quarter, Word 1 will always be a synonym for awake. Word 2 will always be a synonym for tired. The goal for this type of list is that students will start to notice patterns between words and vary their vocabulary appropriately (ie: instead of saying bad, they may say atrocious!). This is a purposeful and strategic way to weave in synonyms, the subtleties between synonyms and antonyms, and new words for student writing.
Included in this unit:
- Printable weekly word lists
- Discussion questions for new words
- Worksheets for students to document their weekly words
- A weekly vocabulary puzzle
- Weekly vocabulary homework
- 3 Pages of vocabulary word work each week
- A weekly vocabulary assessment and
- A vocabulary assessment rubric
- Student samples for you to view
- A cumulative project for students to finish after nine weeks
These vocabulary units are perfect for prepping students for the SATs, State Tests, and life!
Looking for more great vocabulary resources? Be sure to check out these other amazing resources I recommend!
- 1st Semester Bundle | Middle School Vocabulary Words and Word Work
- 2nd Quarter | Middle School Vocabulary Words and Word Work
- 3rd Quarter | Middle School Vocabulary Words and Word Work
- 4th Quarter | Middle School Vocabulary Words and Word Work – Will be completed by January 31st
- 2nd Semester Bundle | Middle School Vocabulary Words and Word Work – Will be completed by January 31st
- One Year of Middle School Vocabulary Words and Word Work
- Vocabulary Notebook Resource for the Year
- Vocabulary PowerPoint for the Year
- Martina Cahill’s Bell Ringers
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to email me at AppleSlices4th@gmail.com before purchasing. I am happy to help you decide if this product is best for you! And don’t forget to check out the FREE WEEK OF VOCABULARY to see more of this resource!
There are no reviews yet.