Narrative Writing | 4th Grade Lesson Plans | Unit 2
I don’t know about you, but I love teaching writing! It’s just that sometimes it’s SO.MUCH.WORK. Well, included in this unit is everything you will need to teach a 4th-grade writing unit on Narrative Writing, easy peasy!
Included in this Narrative Writing Unit:
– 30 Detailed Daily Lesson Plans
– Interactive Notebook Pages
– Writer’s Workshop Year at a Glance
– Rubrics for grading students work – Using Standards-Based Grading
– Recommended Mentor Text List
– Management Ideas and Forms
– Whole Group and Individual Class Lists
– Common Core Student Checklists
– And additional forms!
These lessons (listed below) will smoothly integrate into any 4th-grade classroom, helping you teach 4th-grade narrative writers who love to write! You do not need to buy all 7 units to implement this in your classroom!
Units 1-7 for 4th Grade are available in my store or bundled!
4th Grade Writing Units Bundled!
Unit 1 – Back to School Writing in 4th Grade
Unit 2 – Narrative Writing in 4th Grade
Unit 3 – Opinion Writing in 4th Grade
Unit 4 – Writing on Demand in 4th, 5th, & 6th Grade
Unit 5 – Informative Writing in 4th Grade
Unit 6 – Poetry Writing in 4th Grade
Unit 7 – Writing a Novel in 4th Grade
I teach a combo class, and I have no idea what I would have done without this AMAZING resource!!! These units include EVERYTHING you need to successfully teach writing. My students are engaged because the lessons are presented in a way that is exciting and purposeful. When I explained this writing curriculum to parents they were impressed and very happy with the individualized conferencing as well as the content…The lesson plans are easy to use and it really makes my writing instruction top notch 🙂 This is by far the most useful resource I have purchased. I would highly recommend this to anyone!-Kimberly B.WOW! I am so impressed by the thoroughness, yet simplicity of this unit! I love that the lesson plans are detailed, easy to follow, and provide all the essential components of a lesson plan that an evaluator is looking for. I am also so pleased to find that the worksheets/materials do not have “4th grade” written all over them. As a special ed. teacher I can’t always use grade level stuff and cringe when I open a document from TPT that has the grade level written all over it. This unit looks fantastic, and I have purchased a lot of “top rated” writing units on TPT. If all goes well, I plan on purchasing all of your units. Awesome resource for the price! THANK YOU! 🙂– R V
Please feel free to e-mail me with any questions you may have before purchasing this item! I would be happy to talk with you about it!
Check out my blog for more information, freebies, and my crazy life as a teacher!
Kelly Anne 🙂
Lesson Plans Included:
– Narrative Writing Pre Assessment
– What is a Story?
– Assessing Yourself with a Rubric
– Reflect on Your Writing Goal
– Studying the Work of Skilled Writers
– What is a Vignette?
– Gathering Writing Ideas From Your Writer’s Notebook
– Zoom in on a Moment
– Planning Your Writing
– First Person Point of View
– Including Leads in Your Writing
– Writing a Powerful Conclusion
– Including Dialogue in Your Writing
– Powerful Word Choice
– Transitioning from Vignettes to Narrative Writing
– Pacing Your Writing
– Problem and Solution Lesson Plan
– Including Transition in Your Writing
– Second, Third, and Omniscient Point of View
– Including Figurative Language in Your Writing
– Creating Powerful Characters in Your Writing
– Show Don’t Tell Lesson Plan
– Including Scenes in Your Writing
– Including Setting in Your Writing
– Narrative Writing Reflection
– Writing Celebration
There are no reviews yet.