When you purchase the opinion writing unit, you will receive:
- 30 Detailed Daily Lesson Plans
- Over 15 Interactive Notebook Pages for Students to Glue in Their Writer’s Notebook
- Writer’s Workshop Year at a Glance
- Rubrics for Grading Student’s Work | All using standards-based grading
- Debate Topics & Corresponding Articles for all Lessons With Debates
- List of Alternative Debate Topics with extra passages and articles to use (more details below!)
- Management Ideas and Forms
- Whole Group and Individual Class Lists
- Common Core Student Checklists
- And Additional Forms!
Articles + Debate Topics Included:
- What Do You Think About Fast Food?
- What Do You Think About Juice? | Pros and Cons
- What Do You Think About Chocolate Milk?
- School Uniforms | Pros and Cons
- What Do You Think About Homework? | Pros and Cons
- Zoos | Yay or Nay?
- Where’s The Beef?
- The Class Pet Ate My Homework | Pros and Cons
- Sibling Rivalry | Pros and Cons
- The Great Vending Machine Debate | Should Schools Have Vending Machines?
- Should You Play Video Games? | Pros and Cons
- Should Kids Get Paid for Good Grades? | Pros and Cons
- What Animal Makes the Best Family Pet?
Optional Opinion Writing Articles:
- Why Should You Workout?
- Why Should You Travel?
- And a list of other powerful debate topics!
I wish I could give A+++ on your writing units. They have truly changed my life in writing this year. I can’t even explain how amazing our opinion pieces were this year. My students were pros at including the counterargument and supporting their claims because of your unit. I can’t thank you enough. Your amazing. Going to buy your informational unit now.– Martina Cahill
I LOVE how everything is broken down and written out for the teacher. It even has examples to go long with every lesson. This is my second writing unit purchase from the seller and I have had no regrets.– Nikki F.
- Unit 1- Back to School Writing in 5th Grade
- Unit 2- Narrative Writing in 5th Grade
- Unit 3- Opinion Writing in 5th Grade
- Unit 4- Writing on Demand in 4th, 5th, & 6th Grade
- Unit 5- Informative and Expository Writing in 5th Grade
- Unit 6- Poetry Writing in 5th Grade
- Unit 7- Writing a Novel in 5th Grade
Please feel free to e-mail me with any questions you may have before purchasing this item! I would be happy to talk with you about it! Thank you!
Want to know what I use in my own writing classroom? Click here to check out my favorite classroom writing resources.
Kelly Anne 🙂