Argument Writing | 6th Grade Lesson Plans
Argument writing can be so hard – and often boring – to teach! After spending a year doing the boring stuff, I came up with this unit that is very interactive and works oh-so-much better! Included in this Argument Writing Unit is more than enough material for you to teach everything your kiddos need to know and it’s in a fun and exciting format. Let your students hold their very own debates and share what they’re opinionated about. Not sure if this resource is for you? Check out to reviews!
Included in this Argument Writing Unit:
- 30 Detailed Daily Lesson Plans
- Over 15 Interactive Notebook Pages to Glue Into Student’s Writer’s Notebooks
- Writer’s Workshop Year at a Glance
- Rubrics for Grading Student’s Work – All using standards-based grading
- Debate Topics & Corresponding Articles for all Lessons With Debates
- List of Alternative Debate Topics
- Management Ideas and Forms
- Whole Group and Individual Class Lists
- Student Checklists
- And Additional Forms!
These lessons will perfectly integrate into any 6th grade classroom! You do not need to buy all 7 units to implement Argument Writing, Unit 3, into your Writer’s Workshop.
Complete 6th Grade Writing Units are available in my store OR bundled!
- Unit 1 – Back to School Writing in 6th Grade
- Unit 2 – Narrative Writing in 6th Grade
- Unit 3 – Argument Writing in 6th Grade
- Unit 4 – Writing on Demand in 4th, 5th, & 6th Grade
- Unit 5 – Informative & Expository Writing in 6th Grade
- Unit 6 – Poetry Writing in 6th Grade
- Unit 7 – Writing a Novel in 6th Grade
Please feel free to e-mail me with any questions you may have before purchasing this item! I would be happy to talk with you about it.
Kelly Anne 🙂
There are no reviews yet.