Narrative Writing | 6th Grade Lesson Plans | Unit 2
I don’t know about you, but I love teaching writing! It’s just that sometimes it’s SO.MUCH.WORK. Well, included in this unit is everything you will need to teach 6th grade narrative writing – easy peasy!
Included in this 6th grade narrative writing unit:
- 30 Detailed Daily Lesson Plans
- Interactive Notebook Pages
- Writer’s Workshop Year at a Glance
- Rubrics for grading students work; Using Standards-Based Grading
- Mentor Text List
- Management Ideas and Forms
- Whole Group and Individual Class Lists
- Common Core Student Checklists
- And additional forms!
- What is a Story?
- Assessing Yourself with a Rubric
- Goal Reflection
- What is a Vignette?
- Gathering Ideas for Your Writing
- Zoom In On a Moment
- Planning Your Writing
- Using Point of View
- Writing a Lead
- Writing a Conclusion
- Using Dialogue in Writing
- Using Word Choice
- Vignettes to Narratives
- Pacing Your Story
- Including Problem and Solution
- Including Transitions in Narrative Writing
- Adding Figurative Language to Your Narrative Writing
- Creating Realistic Characters
- Show Don’t Tell
- Adding Scenes to Your Writing
- Including Setting in Your Narrative Writing
These lessons will smoothly integrate into any 6th grade classroom, helping you teach 6th grade narrative writers who love writing stories! You do not need to buy all 7 units to implement this in your classroom.
Complete 6th Grade Writing Units are available in my store OR bundled!
- Unit 1 – Back to School Writing in 6th Grade
- Unit 2 – Narrative Writing in 6th Grade
- Unit 3 – Argument Writing in 6th Grade
- Unit 4 – Writing on Demand in 4th, 5th, & 6th Grade
- Unit 5 – Informative & Expository Writing in 6th Grade
- Unit 6 – Poetry Writing in 6th Grade
- Unit 7 – Writing a Novel in 6th Grade
Please feel free to e-mail me with any questions you may have before purchasing this item! I would be happy to talk with you about it!
Kelly Anne 🙂
There are no reviews yet.